Apple releases the fourth major update to macOS High Sierra.
It’s been two months since Apple rolled out the 10.13.3 update to macOS High Sierra, but now the company is ready to unveil the fourth major update. After fixing the serious security flaws called Spectre and Meltdown in the previous update, with 10.13.4 Apple focuses on improving the performance and fixing remaining bugs. According to official release notes for this update, macOS 10.13.4 also brings some new features for supported computers.
The update adds support for external graphic units, and Business chats in Messages (US only). Users can now sort bookmarks in Safari by name or url by choosing ‘Sort by’ from the right click menu. All improvements are detailed below:
– Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the US
– Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs)
– Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro
– Allows jumping to the right-most open tab using Command+9 in Safari
– Enables sorting Safari bookmarks by name or URL by right clicking and choosing “Sort by…”
– Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages
– Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field in Safari
– Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search Field when interacting with password or credit card forms on non-encrypted web pages
– Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information
macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 update is available for all compatible Macs from the Mac App Store or Software Update. More details can be found on this website.