Apple Music streaming coming to LTE-capable Apple Watch.
Apple has just released an update for watchOS, bringing the operating system to version 4.1. The update comes a month after the big watchOS 4.0 update, introducing new features for Apple Watch Series 3 models with LTE support.
After downloading the update from General → Software Update, the LTE-versions of the new Apple Watch could stream music from the Apple Music app without an active connection to an iPhone. Furthermore, there is a brand new Radio app for these smartwatches, allowing you to listen Beats 1 and other radio stations on the go.
WatchOS 4.1 also has two new toggle switchers – one for Wi-Fi and one for LTE connection. Another new feature, this time for all models, is the ability to pair with gym equipment thanks to GymKit. The update also introduces the new Emoji and fixes the KRACK Wi-Fi vulnerability. Here is the full changelog for watchOS 4.1:
– Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
– Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
– Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
– Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
– Ability to disconnect from a WiFi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
– Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
– Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
– Resolves an issue where the current stand hour indicator did not appear for some users
– Resolves an issue that caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
– Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users
– Resolves an issue where the Sunrise and Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
– Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
To update your Apple Watch, you must have at least 50% battery remaining and a connected iPhone nearby.