Apple rolls out the first iOS 11.1 beta
The company is ready to present the first developer beta of iOS 11.1, now available for testing purposes on supported iPhones and iPads. iOS 11.1 Beta 1 brings fixes for some known issues but also some new problems.
There are no visible new features in this release, if not counting the return of the Feedback app. Here is the full changelog:
Notes and Known Issues
- ContinuingfromabreakpointwhiledebugginganARSessionmayresultinVIObreaking. Any visual objects placed in the world/anchor are not visible. (31561202)
- When using the TrueDepth front-facing camera on iPhone X, setting the capture device’s activeFormat to a binned video format (see AVCaptureDeviceFormat isVideoBinned) for capture and enabling delivery of camera calibration data causes the resulting AVCameraCalibrationData to contain invalid information for the intrinsicMatrix property. (34200225)
Workaround: Select an alternate capture format whose isVideoBinned property is false.
Note: Configuring a capture session using a session preset never selects binned formats.
- Stillcapturerequestsusingthe720p30videoformatwiththe depthDataDeliveryEnabled property of AVCapturePhotoSettings set to true now works correctly. (32060882)
- Depthvaluesinthenondefault160x120and160x90depthdataformatsnowreturnthe correct values. (32363942)
- Client certificate-based authentication now works for servers using TLS 1.0 and 1.1. (33948230)
- Storing data to a nondefault event store in EventKit may not work. (31335830)
- Apps with a deployment target earlier than iOS 11 that subclass NSFileProviderExtension do not work on versions of iOS prior to 11. (34176623)
- NSURLSession and NSURLConnection now load URLs correctly when the system is configured with certain PAC files. (32883776)
Workaround: Use startSecureConnection to establish a secure connection.
- Data from an external GPS accessory is now accurately reported. (34324743)
- Silent push notifications are processed more frequently. (33278611)
- VNFaceLandmarkRegion2D is currently unavailable in Swift. (33191123)
- Facial landmarks identified by the Vision framework may flicker in temporal use casessuch as video. (32406440)
- Debugging a disabled Messages extension may cause the Messages app to crash. (33657938)Workaround: Enable the extension before starting the debug session.
- After a simulated iOS device starts up, it’s not possible to pull down Cover Sheet.(33274699)
Workaround: Lock and unlock the simulated device and then reopen Home screen.
To download and install iOS 11.1 Beta 1, you must be a registered developer. Check for software updates in the Settings app. Public beta testers will also be able to install this beta in the coming days.